February always makes us think of love, hearts and cute things.
This fun, 3D Valentine inspired design is so simple and cute. Gisela Marti my Creative Director takes you through step-by-step directions so you too can create this fun and easy design.
Tammy Taylor Nail Products used:
Dazzle Rocks Prizma Powder in "Heartbreaker" from the "Falling in Love Collection"
Gelprisa Gel Polish- Gelprisa "Pinky Promise"
Tammy Taylor "Clean- it"- solution used to clean the nail surface once gel has cured
Tammy Taylor "Wipe Its" - "100% lint free wipe" (especially for Gels) leaves the nail surface completely clean
Competitive Edge Acrylic Nail Powder in Whitest White W2
Nail Liquid- Use any of your favorite TT nail liquids
Small Dappen Dish- for better control in 3D designs
3D Acrylic Brush- designed specifically for small 3D details
Towelettes- to keep your 3D Brush clean and extend the life of your brush
Dotting Tool- for specific details in the design
Bold Striper Brush- for small details in the design
Top Gel+- to seal the finished design
Peach or Gardenia Conditioning Cuticle oil- to nourish the nail and cuticle
Step by Step Directions for the Tammy Taylor Nair Art "Purr-fect Valentine" 3D Nail Art Design
1. Apply a thin coat of the Gelprisa Gel Polish in Pinky Promise to the entire surface of the nail. Cure for 2 min. under a UV light or 1min. in LED light.
2. Apply a second coat of the Gelprisa Gel Polish in Pinky Promise to the entire nail surface. Cure for 2 min. under a UV light or 1min. in LED light.
3. Apply enough Clean-It Solution on a Wipe-It towelette to thoroughly clean the entire surface of the nail.
4. Pour a small amount of nail liquid in a small dappen dish.
5. With your 3D brush, grab a ball of the Dazzle Rocks Prizma Acrylic in Heartbreaker; large enough to shape a heart in the center of the nail.
6. Grab a ball of the Whitest White W2 Competitive Edge Acrylic Nail Powder and form the body and neck of the kitty cat. (see video for details)
7. Grab a second ball of Whitest White Competitive Edge Acrylic to form the head of the kitty cat. Pat and flatten on the sides in order to create more of an oval shape.
8. Take 2 small balls of the Whitest White Competitive Edge Acrylic to form the small ears of the kitty cat.
9. Using white paint and the Bold Striper Brush draw the tail.
10. To finish your kitty cat, add the following details using the Bold Striper Brush and black paint: do the eyes, the necklace, a thin bow on the tail and lace in the upper part of the nail.
11. Outline the heart with dots using the Dotting tool and black paint.
12. Draw a heart with pink paint on the necklace.
13. Seal the design by applying Top Gel+ to all areas except the body of the kitty cat, and cure for 2 minutes under a UV light or 1 minute under an LED light.
14. Apply enough Clean-It Solution on a Wipe-It towelette to thoroughly clean the entire surface of the nail.
15. To finish, apply Tammy Taylor Conditioning Cuticle Oil to nourish the nail.