Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Now Works On Your Mobile Phone
Right Here... Right Now...
Don't try to do more, only Focus on what you are doing Right Here... Right Now...
To be Successful in anything, business, sports, career... depends on being able to stay "FOCUSED" on what is happening at the moment.
A Major League Pitcher in the middle of his 8th inning: lost his FOCUS, stopped pitching, got out his cell phone and started text messaging
A Neurosurgeon was in the middle of a surgery: and lost their FOCUS, stopped, got out a laptop computer and started twittering.
A CEO of a large company was in the middle of a presentation: and lost their FOCUS, stopped and went shopping for 2 hours.
If these Professionals could not "Focus" they would not be very successful.
It is those who concentrate on but one thing at a time who advance in this world. The great man or woman is the one who never steps outside his or her specialty or foolishly dissipates his or her individuality.
Author: Og Mandino
But... it seems like the most difficult thing to do is to "Focus" on the work at hand; there are so many outside distractions it is easy to get off track.
Being able to "FOCUS" is one of the single most important skills one can develop, to help themselves become more successful.
When one can stay "FOCUSED" on the project at hand, Right here, Right now, they will be able to do amazing things.
I have noticed that when people are struggling to do their job, it is "not" because they are not fully capable of doing a great job, it is usually because their mind is wandering, and they cannot stay completely "focused" on what they are doing.
The ability to concentrate and to use time well is everything.
Author: Lee Iacocca
When the mind is wandering: thinking about bills that need to be paid, problems, past mistakes, fear of not being able to do a good enough job, etc... It is almost impossible to stay "Focused".
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is God's gift, that's why we call it the present."
Author: Joan Rivers (American humorist, b.1935)
I know, when I am "Focused" on what I am doing at the moment, and not letting myself get distracted, I am more Calm, Positive "and" Productive.
These are some of the Ways I Keep "FOCUSED" on my work at hand,
Right Here... Right Now...:
First of all, I try to Keep it Simple, and remember: Do Less Not More.
- Develop the mind set that the computer and the cell phones are only tools.
- Turn off the IM and email, and only turn them on when the project at hand, is finished.
- Use paper and a pen.
- Have a small daily task list: physically write the list, and check it off as each task is completed. (I like to do my tasks in between my daily goals; because tasks do not usually take a lot of brain work or creativity, they just need to get done).
- Plan the night before, making sure the entire "next day" is planned out to the "T". (This helps "Focus" and keeps the day organized and productive, with less chance of getting off track).
- Set small goals each day. (Work on "One" Goal at-a-Time, until completed).
- Focus on doing "One" Thing Fabulous, each day, which you can be proud of.
And, "always" make time for Fun.
"The best advice I ever came across on the subject of concentration is: Wherever you are, be there. When you work, work. When you play, play. Don't mix the two."
Author: Jim Rohn
1 Peter 5:7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you.