Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Now Works On Your Mobile Phone
Be The Leader You Would Want To Follow...
Do People Gravitate Towards You, Or Away From You?
"To be Successful: We need people; we cannot do it alone!"
- You own your own business already
- Are a Nail Technician
- An independent Contractor
- A Manager
- An employee wanting to advance
- You want to "open" your own business
The same philosophy prevails; "Be The Leader You Would Want To Follow"
Highly successful business people and managers are not more talented or smarter than other people, but, they like people and they know they need people around them, in order to be successful; whether it is clients, employees or co-workers, etc...
Successful people have developed Traits that automatically attract others; people like to be around them.
Many times successful business people have become managers and owners without even thinking about it; it just happens.
People will just gravitate towards them, and ask if they can work for them; or they get promoted because they are good managers of people, and people like to follow their direction.
What are the "Traits" these Leaders have (that we can all have), that draws others towards them?
- The "Never Give Up" Attitude (They Keep Trying, there is always a way and anything is possible)
- Have a Dream for the future and Keep moving forward, towards this Dream (They Share their Dreams with those around them and let them be part of it)
- Stay Focused on Today (They Keep everyone Working towards the Dream, "One day at-a-Time" and they see it become a reality)
- Open Minded (They are Always ready to think outside the box, and listen to other people's ideas)
- Stay Positive (Especially in the Middle of Storms, this is when the people around them need them the most)
- Treat People with Respect (They treat everyone with respect, co-workers, the janitors, the salespeople, the bank tellers, etc...)
- Develop the Talents of Others (They figure out what the people around them are good at, and they develop these talents and skills)
Now, I just want to share with you a few traits to be aware of that push people away, and make it very difficult to become successful:
- Being, defensive, jealous, spoiled, judgmental, closed Minded or impatient.
(And, if you see that you have any of these traits, start working on replacing them with good leadership Traits, and you will be amazed at the way people will respond to you.)
"FOCUS on cultivating the Traits of a Good Leader and you will become the Leader That You Would Want To Follow".
If your gift is to encourage others, do it! If you have money, share it generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly.