Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Gratitude reflects in our Attitude...

Click here to have the Blog Narrated to You by Tammy Taylor
Now Works On Your Mobile Phone


Gratitude reflects in our Attitude...

I was reading an article about gratitude and I started wondering "How much does being grateful really affect our happiness and can this affect our job and our business?"Tammy Taylor - CEO, Tammy Taylor Nails Inc.  - Entrepreneur and Business Owner since 1981

So, I started thinking about all the times I feel really happy, and the times I don’t feel as happy, and I put them into 2 categories:
Category #1 "When I feel the HAPPIEST”

Category #2 "When I don’t feel as happy”

And... as I wrote my list, I was really surprised, because it became very clear to see:
Our level of Gratitude really can affect our job and our business.
When I feel the HAPPIEST is when I am feeling the most grateful; I am more productive in my work, I have more patience, I have more energy and I am more grateful to the people around me.

Quote:
In our daily lives, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness that makes us happy.
-Author: Albert Clarke

Something else I observed, which I thought was interesting: The most grateful people I know are also the happiest people I know, and there was no connection to how much money they had, what type of job they had, or how educated they were.

Quote:
Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.
It turns what we have into enough, and more.
It turns denial into acceptance,
Chaos to order, confusion to clarity.
It can turn a meal into a feast,
a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.
Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today,
and creates a vision for tomorrow.
- Author: Melody Beattie

I was also thinking about: We not only need to be grateful for our own blessings, but we need to express our gratitude to those around us.

Quote:
Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.”
- Author: William Arthur Ward

Some interesting statistics from a 2002 Public Agenda survey;
48% of adults expressed only "sometimes" did they encounter people who made an effort to say "please" and "thank you"
And...
16% of these adults said they "practically never" encounter people who made an effort to say "please" and "thank you”.

Here are 4 things we can do to help our "GRATITUDE reflect in our ATTITUDE":

#1 Take the time to express gratitude and appreciation, to the people around us each day

#2 Literally, Count all of the good things that happen each day

#3 Write down 5 of these good things that happened the day before, in a journal each day

#4 Go back to #1 and start again each day

Quote:
It is impossible to feel grateful and depressed in the same moment.
- Author: Naomi Williams

Why is it important to write down all the good things that happen every day in a journal?
Because we have a tendency to dwell on the bad stuff and we easily forget the good things that happen; we need to have a daily reminder of all the good things that have happened in the past so we stay positive and focus on all of the good things that are going to happen today, and... in the future.

with love,
Tammy Taylor

Psalms 9:1-2
I will thank you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done.
I will be filled with joy because of you. I will sing praises to your name, O Most High.