Sunday, September 27, 2009

Hard Getting Out of Bed?

Click here to have the Blog Narrated to You by Tammy Taylor
Now Works On Your Mobile Phone

"and you think you had a hard time getting out of bed this morning"
Do you ever get tired or discouraged, and then it gets you in a bad mood?
This is probably one of the main things that affects our attitude; at our job and in our home.

Getting tired or discouraged can happen to even the most positive person, but the main thing we always have to REMEMBER is:

GET THROUGH IT QUICKLY, and KNOW the FASTER WE GET THROUGH IT the BETTER!

BECAUSE: the “LONGER” THE BAD MOOD LASTS the HARDER IT IS TO GET OVER IT.Tammy Taylor

Getting over this bad mood quickly is the ultimate goal, but sometimes it does have to take its course; but remember, the longer it takes, the worse off you and everyone around you are.

They always say a great breakfast is the best way to start a great day!

Start Your Day with the 5-5-5 Breakfast Plan:
5 MINUTES in the morning before you get out of bed think about

5 THINGS that you are thankful for that day and do this

5 DAYS a week


For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say "thank you?" ~William A. Ward

Or sometimes you have to get hit over the head with a sack of bricks to snap out of it, which is what happened to me.

Let me share with you how I snapped out of my bad mood this weekend: REAL FAST.
I was tired, and it turned into a bad mood; so I started out my Saturday having a bad morning; and my son needed to go to the mall and get something for school. I really did not feel like it, but we went anyway and when I was walking through the mall I saw a Poster for CHOC Children's Hospital, and there was a little girl about 6 who had cancer and the caption underneath said "and you think you had a hard time getting out of bed this morning". My heart just dropped, I felt so guilty and ashamed of myself; how could I be having a bad day? I don’t even know what a bad day is compared to this little baby.

Then that night my Husband took me to a big fund raising event for CHOC Children's Hospital. (Yes, the same hospital on the Poster; do you think someone was trying to tell me something?)

The Guest of Honor was my husbands’ good friend and one of the top Pediatric Neurosurgeons in the world, and he brought along 4 of his patients: little children who have had brain cancer and are in remission. These little children didn’t even have their hair grown back yet; and you could still see the scars on their heads from their surgeries. I was feeling so sad for them and their parents; but, they weren't feeling sorry for themselves, and they had every right to; instead, they were having a great time laughing and eating and truly enjoying themselves. As I watched, I realized these kids really have life in perspective; and if we could just learn from them the most valuable life lesson; "Every day is a blessing, and to be thankful every day, for all of our blessings."

Quote:
When we were children we were grateful to those who filled our stockings at Christmas time. Why are we not grateful to God for filling our stockings with legs? ~G.K. Chesterton

I guarantee I will get a reality check real fast, and get my attitude adjusted quickly when I am having one of my so called bad days, just by remembering those little children and that poster of the sick little girl that said,
"and you think you had a hard time getting out of bed this morning".


with love,
Tammy Taylor

Psalms 107:1
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.






http://www.TammyTaylorNails.com/