Friday, January 18, 2008

How To Give Yourself 25 Hour’s In A Day

How To Give Yourself 25 Hour’s In A Day

Hi Girls,
Are you running out of time at the end of the day? And you still have a lot more things to do?


I know there are a lot of Nail Techs like me who don’t have enough hours in the day. I don’t want to add to our list of things to do, but would rather make our life easier and make more money!

One of my girlfriends gave me a card for my birthday that said, “What I really wanted to give you was a 25-Hour Day”.

Do you ever feel like you need that extra hour?

Well, I am going to teach you the same way I gave myself that extra hour a day.

Step #1: Say NO, or Let me think…

You say “No, No, No” or “Let me think about it”, every time you are asked to do anything by:





  • Committees

  • Acquaintances

  • Family or…

  • Friends

  • UNLESS you really want to do it.


  • Never say yes as a first response.

  • At least until you have re-trained yourself.

This was the hardest lesson for me to learn because I like to please everyone, which is a characteristic of Nail Techs and this is why we like this business.


WE LIKE TO MAKE PEOPLE HAPPY, BUT YOU CAN’T MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY ALL THE TIME OR YOU WILL BE EXHAUSTED ALL THE TIME.


And, when I get exhausted, I get cranky; so I really have to work on pacing myself, especially for my family’s sake.


Step #2: Schedule


Schedule your salon hours 2-3 months in advance, just like an office. Don’t split up your day and make sure to book all of your appointments in groups.



  • For example: Tuesday - Friday

  • Tues - 9:00 - 3:00 6 hours do not leave

  • Wed - 9:00 - 3:00 6 hours do not leave

  • Thurs - 11:00 - 9:00 10 hours do not leave

  • Fri - 10:00 - 7:00 9 hours do not leave


  • That is 31 solid hours.

  • You only open up more hours when these hours are booked solid.

There are enough hours for morning clients, afternoon clients and for evening clients.


If you already have standing appointments, consolidate them and don’t spread everyone out. You will need to determine what is best for you, but do follow this guideline.


Book all of the afternoon appointments first or book all of the morning appointments first.



  • For Example:

  • Do make appointments at: 9:00 10:00 and 11:00

  • Do Not make appointments at: 9:00 1:00 and 3:00

If you follow only step #1 or follow only step #2, you will pick up at least one hour in the day. BUT if you follow both steps, you might even be able to:



  • Relax

  • Read a book

  • Go to the spa and even…

  • Get your nails done in the same week.

Now isn’t that something to look forward to!


The BIG NO-NO is when you get these extra hours; DO NOT give these hours away. Use These Hours For Yourself! You Are Worth It!



http://www.tammytaylornails.com/